Note that we apply the czech legislation as the Chech republic is our country of origin.
PINGUIN products are covered by the legal warranty of 24 months (according to § 620 of the Civil Code). The warranty period of each goods begins to run at the moment when the buyer takes over the item from the seller (§ 621 of the Civil Code - Act No. 40/1964 Coll., As amended).
The warranty does not apply to wear and tear caused by its normal use (§ 619 CC). This means that the seller provides a two-year warranty only against defects. The defect of the product cannot be confused with its service life. It is not possible to claim a fault caused by your own fault, eg mechanical damage.
As we continually improve the quality of our products, we offer a new Extended Warranty service for selected products, labeled with an “Extended Warranty” label, on the product label.
Definition of the extended warranty:
- The extended warranty consists in providing free service repair of some products beyond the scope of the statutory warranty, ie 24 months.
- The Extended Warranty is a service that provides free of charge service necessary to remedy any defects in the product caused by defective material or manufacturing defects that occur during normal use, which show off and are claimed during the extended warranty period.
- We provide an extended warranty for products which are labeled with this Extended Warranty stamp on the manufacturer's website (www.pinguin.com), for the duration indicated on the product label excluding the original 2 years ("2+").
Applying the extended warranty
Definition of defect of the goods for which the Extended Warranty can be claimed:
It is a defect of the product has been used in accordance with the instructions for use and in a manner consistent with the normal use of the product.
The extended warranty does not cover product wear and tear caused by normal use.
The extended warranty does not cover damage to goods caused by:
- mechanical damage of the goods
- using the goods in conditions that do not correspond to their temperature, dust, humidity, chemical and mechanical effects of the environment, which is directly determined by the seller or the manufacturer
- neglecting the care of goods
- the goods have been damaged by excessive loading or use contrary to the conditions stated on the product label
- performing unqualified intervention or repairing goods outside the PINGUIN service
- goods that have been modified according to the customer's requirements or the customer himself, if the defect arises as a result of this modification
- the goods were damaged by natural elements or force majeure.
In order to use the Extended Warranty service, the Buyer must deliver a copy of the Purchase Document containing the date of purchase of the Product.
For goods purchased at www.pinguin.cz, the Extended Warranty can only be claimed:
- by sending the defective goods to: Activent 365 sr.r.o., Beloveska 187, 547 01, Nachod
Method of removal of defects
The Seller guarantees to the Buyer to remove the defect without undue delay, but no later than within 30 days from the application of the Extended Warranty by free repair of the product.
There is no limit to the number of claims for the removal of defects in the goods at the time of the Extended Warranty. The extended warranty does not extend for the period during which the product has been repaired and doues not renew by any means.
Transfer of warranty
Delegation of the Extended Warranty to a third party for a period remaining until its original expiry date is possible. In this case, however, it is necessary to deliver a copy of the purchase document containing the date of purchase of the product.
Termination of the Extended Warranty
The extended warranty ends on the last day of the sum of the statutory and extended warranties.